Updated December 11, 2022
Consent and Information Collection and Use
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfill their employment duties will have access to it. We may use and disclose your personal or account information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site and Services to you and other users of the Site and Services;
- To improve the quality of the Site and Services through polls, surveys, and other similar feedback-gathering activities conducted by SoFIFA and third parties;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Site and Services;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns, and gauge the popularity of different features and service options of the Site and Services;
- To protect against fraud or error and to respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of you, us, our users, and the public; and
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
We occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news, and events. You have the option not to receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature or will cease to communicate with you if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not "opt out" of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your Account, planned Services suspensions, and outages. We will minimize this type of communication with you.
Rights to Your Information
You can access and edit your information anytime through the web interface provided as part of the Services. On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, use or communicate and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to ensure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information by mail or e-mail.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including:
- the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing;
- the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information under certain conditions;
- the right to object to unlawful data processing under certain conditions;
- the right to the erasure of personal information about you under certain conditions;
- the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, the processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or accept your personal information is inaccurate;
- the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format under certain conditions;
- the proper object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you under certain conditions;
- the right to complain to data protection authorities.
To learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. "Aggregated Data" means records that have been stripped of information potentially identifying users and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Cookies and Log Files
Third Parties' & Interest-Based Ads
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In case of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred per applicable privacy laws.
Security and Retention
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, by a wireless device, or over the air is guaranteed 100% secure. We have implemented and maintained reasonable security procedures and practices (based on the nature of the information we collect) to protect that information from unauthorized disclosure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and designs become available.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Site and Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords, and any personal information in your possession for the Site and Services use. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information you provide. It would be best if you use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Site or Services.
Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Site or Services, and you release us from any liability in connection with the contents of any personal data or additional information which you may receive using the Site or Services. We cannot guarantee or assume any responsibility for verifying the accuracy of any third party's personal information or other information. You release us from any liability in connection with using such personal information or additional information of others.
We will maintain your personal information for as long as needed or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent choices at any time by clicking here.
Changes to this Policy